Being a Big Brother or Big Sister can be one of the most enjoyable things you’ll ever do. Not to mention, one of the most fulfilling. You have the opportunity to help shape a child’s future for the better by empowering them to achieve. And the best part is, it can actually be a lot of fun. You and your Little can share the kinds of activities you already like to do.
Do I qualify to be a mentor?
- You need to be out of high school
- You must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Willing to match to a child in Spokane County
- Desire to improve the life of a child
- Ability to give an 12 month minimum commitment
- Meet with Little 2-4 times a month, 2-4 hours each time
- Attend an in-person interview, mentor training, complete background/reference checks, and complete a Home Visit
For more information about being a Big please contact Ken Shelton, Enrollment & Matching Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 328-8312 ext.101